21 September 2012

Home to Milan

Since I wasn't able to attend London nor Milan Fashion shows I created my own event at home.
 Each day I plan my schedule to "attend" the one I want dressing up before.Let me share with you my today outfit for Prada, Versace, Iceberg, Just Cavalli and Versus with my favorites looks. After watching all fashion shows for Spring/Summer 2013, a common theme seem to be quite recurrent: time machine?  
But also the sea gives the impression to be the muse too for some.


Prada: 
“Japanese . . . and the Sixties,” said Miuccia Prada
For the Milanese designer, this dichotomy represented “the struggles women have between toughness and softness, the rigor followed by delicacy, and the poetic part of women.” On the outfits are printed the daisy flower called "hinagiku" symbolizing in the Japonese culture faith.
video

It reminds me of Courrege mixed with zōri, doesn't it?

Moschino
video

Makeup artist Tom Pecheux described the Sixties throwback style for the Moschino spring collection as “youthful and fun. Given the round helmets, short A-line shifts and ample military buttons, Rossella Jardini went whole hog for Sixties Pop at Moschino.

Versace:
 First word that comes to mind? “It’s subtle,” Donatella Versace offered in a preview.
 “Subtle. Can you underline this?”
video
Makeup artist Pat McGrath made “a classic, smoky eye” with black and brown pencil 
smudged around the eye and lid and topped with shimmer. Undone hair and smoky eyes 
created a casual, cool look at Versace’s spring show. 

Well, this collection is certainly true to the original rock-chick vibe of Versace ,though with less of the hyper-goth darkness of last season, and while she managed to show plenty of tawny skin which is much younger as she claimed as well. And It shows that even though she went out of her confort zone she proves that she is able to create every type of look keeping the Versace philosophy. Bravissima!! 

Just Cavalli
video
Roberto Cavalli cited the large tropical fish tank he keeps at home as an inspiration.The designer pared things down considerably ,inspired by mermaids. My favorite is tthis one above an oversize sequined gold, bronze and green sweater with a beige rosé and white skirt matching with high heels. 
I am sure even Ariel would wear it :) 

Versus
video

Ditto’s live along with Christopher Kane wearing clubby clothes brought high-energy to 
the show. The big impression the clothes left was the hot pink, electric blue and 
yellows with some excellent graphic knits. There were outsize jumbo chain made of colorful 
plastic used as necklaces, bracelets, embroidery on clothes, footwear and accessoties.

I hope you like my composed oufit from black, lace print dress to white. I was wearing:



No comments: